Spring is just around the corner, and you know what that means. It’s time to start getting your home ready for a brand new season! So many decisions to make, one of them being the choice between a patio door and a garden door, in order to connect the inside of your home to your backyard. So what is the difference between the two? We’ll make it easy for you:
- Main difference: the hinges! A patio door uses a sliding mechanism, while a garden door is fixed on one side. Sliding versus swinging.
- Size: If you need to move a lot of furniture in and out, both doors provide you with a big enough opening to do so.
- Energy efficiency: The amount of surface area covered by the glass on a patio door, generally make it more energy efficient than a standard garden door.
- Light: A patio door has a larger area of glass than a standard garden door, therefor it lets in much more light into your home.
- Budget: Garden doors tend to be more expensive than patio doors. This can be a major factor in your decision making, depending on how much you are willing to spend.
- Customization: Both doors can be customized according to your tastes and needs. Security options are available for both doors, i.e. Security bars, dead bolts, etc.
We hope these differences will help you make a choice that best suits your needs. Learn more about our patio doors on our website: https://www.bonnevillesolutions.com/alumhybrid-patio-door/