Entertaining friends can be a fun (and stressful) time. Of course, we enjoy the company, but sometimes, preparing your home can be quite time-consuming and overwhelming. Here are 4 simple, yet effective, tips to get ready for your guests!
The power of the first impression
Never underestimate the importance of making a great first impression! We’ve all heard this before and, yes, it also applies to your home. Your home’s exterior is the first thing your guests will see! Ideas include:
- Sweeping your front walkway
- Keep plants from becoming overgrown by cutting them back. You can also add color with potted plants which are easy to maintain.
- Add character by placing a little bistro set or a comfortable outdoor seating arrangement. Imagine yourself outside enjoying your morning coffee in style.
- Go simple, with a WELCOME mat!
Entertain in a comfortable space
Whether you prefer your living or family room, make sure the room is welcoming and rid of any “extra” furniture. Cluttered spaced tend to not the best spots to entertain, especially when you are have a few guests.
Create an inviting home by letting in natural light! It can make a home lighter and brighter and give the feeling of more space.
Tip! Clean windows will ensure as much light as possible can filter through the glass and into your home. Learn more about our ECTech Naturally Clean Glass!
Freshen it up!
- Between your cooking and kids sports, your home may have lingering odors that may not appeal to all! Opening your windows and letting in the fresh air can make all the difference. Make sure they are easy to open and close and that your window treatments are not affected! Discover our Truth™ Encore folding handle that won’t interfere with your window covering and requires 33% less effort to operate!
Now you can sit back and enjoy your friends!